Friday, February 1, 2013

No Joke..Everyone Needs One Of These!!!

After finishing the painting in the bedroom at the end all the hall, I had the arduous task of getting the vanity into our bedroom and the big bedroom furniture out of the room next to it and move it to the much larger room.  Knowing that my parents at their house I asked for moving straps.  Mom gave me something better- furniture movers.
Yes I will be like Billy Mays and say that these are the best thing that anyone has ever created.  Well, maybe not the best but they are awesome!  With minimal effort you put the sliders under the corners and away it goes.  Furniture that was too heavy for me to barely push no glides across the floor.  Here is a video how they work.  I can attest, they work just as the video shows!!!!



I first started by moving the massive dresser in our room (the vanity was to wide to fit between the dresser and bed).  With the clothes still in it I moved it out of the way.  Since it comes with eight sliders I had four under the dresser and had the other four under the vanity.  The vanity (being 143 lbs according to Lowes) slide across the floor to its intended spot without me breaking a sweat and I easily slid the dresser back in place.







The bedroom furniture also took minimal effort to maneuver it through the tiny hallway and in to the empty bedroom.  These would work great even when you are just trying to clean behind or under furniture.

I bought a set of my own when I went to the store the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment