Saturday, January 19, 2013

May Your Days Be Merry and Bright.....


Oh wait! Christmas is over. But it feels like Christmas to me.  I finally finished painting the doors and trim.  Our house is so much brighter!  The trim and doors are painted in the majority of the house!  The only places that are left are the two bedrooms that have not been painted yet and the family room.  That room needs drywall on the wall before the trim can be painted ( I hate paneling).

During the process I tried many different primers because I did not want to use oil based primer. We had a bad experience using it the kitchen (the fumes from the oil paint were smelt when we used the oven, dryer and ruined all of the food in the freezer).  I then painted the trim with a Semi- Gloss Du Jour.  In the end it took two solid coats of both primer and paint w/ primer to cover the darkness.

Here are some comparisons of the room before and after white paint! In my opinion, the house looks 100 times better and  the white paint really brings out all of the paint colors.






























































I will paint the crown molding later (When I have time to be careful or paint it/ repaint the top of the room).












No comments:

Post a Comment