Saturday, January 12, 2013

House Goals 2013

It has taken me a few weeks, but I have decided to have New Year Goals for our house.  It took me a little bit of time because I don't want to overwhelm myself with things to do.  Here is my complete list for 2013.


No Wallpaper
This is a pretty obvious goal.  If you have talked with me at all about wallpaper, you have heard that I want it to be out of our house by the time we have lived here a year.  It will be a lot of work, but I know I can do it.  I have three rooms to go.  One room I am going to cheat on by just painting over the wallpaper (I have to do this because there is no primer on the wall making the process of taking wallpaper off difficult).

The other two rooms are the bedrooms at the other end of the hall.  Luckily they have both been painted before and only have one layer of wallpaper on the wall.





We donated the beds and desk because we did not need the extra beds in our house.  Don't worry we still have a bed for each bedroom upstairs.








No Paneling Upstairs


Since this is the room we spend most of our evenings in, I would like this to be completed.  We want to take down the paneling, white wash the fire place (will look so cool), mount the TV above the fireplace, paint the bookshelves, etc.... It will look like a completely different room!



Begin Decorating

We have spent most of our home improvement on paint and other home remodeling things.  But I want to make a point to look at housewares and shopping at Home Goods.  Pictures and nick-knacks make a house a home.  And I want to make this house warm and inviting.






Start A Garden
 I am going to start our first garden under the kitchen windows to the corner of the house.  This fall Chris and I tore our all of the bushes that lined the back of the house (not the one on the corner).  They were invasive plants that were growing up the brick of the house and started to attach to the house.  I love gardening and I am excited to spend the summer outside rather than inside dewallpapering. :)




This is what I would like it to look like eventually (Or at least have those plants in my garden).

No comments:

Post a Comment