Monday, January 21, 2013

Guest Bathroom

So I decided to get one of my Next Five things done this weekend.  So I finished the Guest Bathroom.  This is what it looked like before.

I decided not to dewallpaper the walls because they had not been primed (a.k.a. the wallpaper would come off and take the wall with it).  I caulked some seams and set off.


 I used Valspar Bonding primer due to the fact it dries in 15 minutes.  This would not give the wallpaper time to come off the wall. This is also the same primer I used to paint the kitchen cabinets.  It is the consistency of glue and sticks to everything. Here is what it looked like after one coat.


 I fixed the walls and then put in the new shower curtain.  It is a curved double rod.  So you can separate the plastic curtain from the cloth one or you can use the second rod to hang your towel off of (instead of putting it on the floor).  It was painful to put in.  Thank God I had our handyman in the other room who gave me awesome anchors and let me borrow his drill to screw one side into a stud.
 Then I painted another layer of primer.  This time I primed with a Valspar Stain Blocking Primer. I was hoping this would hide the pattern of the wallpaper.  It did!
Next was the actual painting of the room.  I painted it with Valspar Sage Morsal in Satin.  It is beautiful.  I put two coats on the room.








Me during the painting process!


My next project in the bathroom was to update the mirrors.  I primed the inside of them twice (with the Bonding Primer).  It gave it a clean updated look.  I then painted the trim in a silver color.  I had to use two brushes- one to get it in the grooves and the other one for the flat parts.  It was really easy to use.  I did two coats.






There is such a difference!



Here is the finished product!  Now I just need to decorate it!




 Again the before and after.

No comments:

Post a Comment