Thursday, April 11, 2013

How to Make Hummingbird Food

I love watching the hummingbirds come up to the feeders near the deck.  Instead of buying hummingbird food that is expensive and has dyes in it, I make my own.  They love it!  According to many websites Mid-April is the time that hummingbirds will come back to Ohio.  So I decided to get my feeder and food ready.  I love this recipe because I always have the ingredients on hand to make fresh food.



Ingredients
4 cups water
1 cup white sugar


Directions

  1. Bring water to a boil.
  2. Take water off heat.
  3. Add sugar.  Stir until dissolved.
  4. Let it cool.


Put some in your hummingbird feeder & store the rest in the refrigerator.


**I would also recommend getting a little cup that goes at the top of the feeder.  You fill it with water so ants cannot crawl into the feeder.

No comments:

Post a Comment