Friday, November 16, 2012

Leaves




Moving into this house I knew we would have a lot of leaves because of the plethora of trees we have. This fall has actually been pretty good with leaves but I can tell you a fact... I hate raking leaves. An hour of raking leaves is fine. You can jump in them and have fun. After three hours of raking today I have 15 piles and have not played on them yet.




At my two hour mark, I got a drink and sat on my deck. And I made a decision. We will be cutting down at least five trees next summer. You can see the ones I want cut down below.
 (the one all the way to the right and the ones that have multiple trunks)
















No, I am not a tree hater. I love trees...in the proper places in your yard and the right trees. The tree to the right is a locust tree. If you need a reminder of what they look like here is a picture.

The two in the middle are in a bad spot and the two to the left are horrible dirty berry trees that attract hordes of deer. Yes, you heard me, hordes!

I have a good tree guy, so I am sure he will not want my kidney to do this. Once we get all of the middle trees gone, I can start to chop down more of the locust trees. How many more of them do you have to cut down you might ask?? 7 more. Plus an acorn tree and small trees that are growing improperly. (It is like deforestation at the Boyle's)

I fully want to replant trees, but ones that are pretty, won't stab you to death while mowing and have leaves that easy to clean up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment