Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My October Project

In case you didn't know, my goal is to have no wallpaper in our house by the time we have lived here a year.

I have 8 rooms dewallpapered. There are 4 rooms with wallpaper and 1 room with labeling left!

So my October project brings me back upstairs. I am working on what I call Bedroom #2. This could turn out to be an interesting room. When my friend Cate and I started taking it down in May, we were amazed to discover there is not one, not two, but four coats of wallpaper (not including the border at the top).

I am working on it now. I am finding the top two layers come off rather easily. The third layer has actually been painted/ primed over. So in my quest to finish rooms as quickly as possible, I might try to prime and paint over the other two layers.

I can here you cringing,  but what would be the worst thing to happen? The wallpaper falls off the wall? Score. I will do a little research into it. But this may save me lots of time and a little sanity!   :)

I will keep you updated as I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment